“ What kinds of leadership skills have you gained during your time at Accenture? ”

Johnson E. asked a question in topic General
to Katie G. UK Business Operations Lead - Accenture Strategy, Accenture UKI

19/12/2018
07/01/2019
UK Business Operations Lead - Accenture Strategy, Accenture UKI

Hi there, thanks for your question, and apologies for the slow reply. I have just returned from Christmas holidays and took the time to completely switch off (which hopefully is good to hear as you are thinking of applying to Accenture).

I have gained a whole range of leadership skills since joining Accenture, but I can probably group a few of the main ones into a couple of "buckets". The first bucket would be communication. We are a "people business" so communication is key - with your team, and with your clients. Communication is very broad, so to be specific, I mean things like business storytelling, active listening and being able to explain things clearly and consisely.

The second bucket is flexibility. It's part of the nature of consulting that things change, often at the last minute. I think I have learnt to take change in my stride, and often find that working as part of a team results in creative solutions as you can gather ideas from a few people. Of course part of being flexible is also being adaptable - if someone has a great idea, as a leader, you need to be prepared to take that idea on board rather than assuming your idea is the best - and to take responsibility if things don't go to plan.

Accenture UK

Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing unmatched services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We partner with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, driving innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. With expertise across more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver transformational outcomes for a demanding new digital world.

Visit website