“ What is the most challenging aspect of your role? ”

Rebecca R. asked a question in topic General
to Katie G. UK Business Operations Lead - Accenture Strategy, Accenture UKI

19/12/2018
19/12/2018
UK Business Operations Lead - Accenture Strategy, Accenture UKI

Hi Rebecca, thanks for your question. I would say the most challenging aspect of my role is managing multiple deadlines at the same time. This was very common when I was in Consulting so it's not new, but since moving to my "internal" role, the same remains true - except I don't really have the benefit of sharing the workload with a project team!

I try to manage this by planning ahead as much as possible and producing draft versions of documents as early as I can (especially for meetings that have a monthly cycle), so that when the inevitable, but unpredictable extra deadlines drop in my inbox, I don't feel like I'm drowning. I find saying "no" to things quite difficult sometimes, so I try to set realistic deadlines instead - by prioritising, I feel like I'm able to manage the multiple deadlines without compromising on quality.

Add to this thread

Accenture UK

Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing unmatched services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We partner with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, driving innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. With expertise across more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver transformational outcomes for a demanding new digital world.

Visit website