“ Are there restrictions on how long you can spend overseas? ”

Ivan L. asked a question
during the live chat Get to know Accenture - Live Chat
to Accenture UK Recruitment Team

23/04/2019
11 Live chat
A friend of mine (also with Accenture) mentioned that he had to plan how long he spent outside the UK on company business down to the exact number of days. I was wondering if there is indeed a restriction on how many days we have to be in/out if the country when on business?
For reference my friend and I are both on the tier 2 visa.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
23/04/2019
Senior Recruiter, Accenture

Hi Ivan,
Thanks for getting in touch.
This would depend on the context, are you asking if there are any restrictions with your Tier 2 visa if you were working on a project outside of the UK?

23/04/2019
Ivan L.

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for getting back, hope you are well!
Yes, I'll be starting as an analyst in September on a tier 2 Visa. Say I am posted outside the UK for a project, is there any restrictions on how long I am able to spend overseas? I heard of something like a 60 day restriction per year.

23/04/2019

This would be a question for the graduate on-boarding team who handled your visa application. Do you have their details? Which role are you joining?

23/04/2019
Ivan L.

I have been in touch with Stephen from the graduate recruitment team regarding my other on boarding queries. Is he the relevant person to be asking ? I will be starting in the strategy graduate program.

23/04/2019

Stephen is the best person to speak with regarding visa queries. He handles the on-boarding for Analytics, Strategy and Consulting.

23/04/2019
Ivan L.

Alright, thanks for the advise Oliver! I'll be sure to get in touch with him. Also, slightly off topic but can I ask if there is a provision for an internal transfer to another Accenture office in another country?

23/04/2019

There is provision for this, however, you will need to apply internally for the role, complete the application process and have managerial approval to do so. Does this help?

23/04/2019
Ivan L.

Just to clarify, would this entail applying for the role from scratch via the job portal? Or is the application internal?
I assume managerial approval refers to buy-in from the office one wishes to transfer to?

23/04/2019

This would be managed internally. In terms of approval, this would be from your current line manager i.e. not your potential one.

23/04/2019
Ivan L.

That certainly clears things up. Thanks for your help today Oliver!

23/04/2019

No problem, glad that helped

Accenture UK

Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing unmatched services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. We partner with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, driving innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. With expertise across more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver transformational outcomes for a demanding new digital world.

Visit website